- Salmon sector urged to step up tech investmenton May 27, 2020 at 1:00 pm
The $18 billion global salmon farming industry must step up investment in new technology if it to grow in the face of growing environmental and biological constraints.
- A practical guide to pathogens in seabass and sea bream aquacultureon May 27, 2020 at 10:53 am
A new diagnostic manual that covers the main pathogens in seabass and sea bream aquaculture has been made freely available today.
- Aquaculture Canada and WAS North America postponed by pandemicon May 27, 2020 at 9:17 am
The Aquaculture Canada and WAS North America 2020 conference has been postponed by a year, due to disruption caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- CageEye joins Chile's aquaculture innovation clubon May 27, 2020 at 8:43 am
CageEye has joined a cluster of companies offering innovative aquaculture products and services to the Chilean fish farming sector.
- Can salmon welfare standards be applied to tilapia and catfish?on May 26, 2020 at 3:50 pm
The results of two-year study designed to identify and strengthen best practices for animal welfare in aquaculture has been published by The Global Aquaculture Alliance (GAA) today.
- The case for grouper aquaculture in the UAEon May 26, 2020 at 10:55 am
The introduction of grouper aquaculture in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) could be “economically sound, environmentally beneficial, and socially enhancing”.
- Time to turn around Europe’s tuna farming sectoron May 26, 2020 at 6:17 am
In recent years the buzz and hype surrounding the drive to achieve commercial full-cycle tuna farming in the Mediterranean seems to have subsided. We checked in with some of the leading minds in the f…
- Nofima to meet rising RAS research demandson May 25, 2020 at 2:00 pm
Nofima has announced plans to expand its recirculating aquaculture system (RAS) capacity at its research facilities in both Sunndalsøra and Tromsø.
- High hopes for low trophic aquacultureon May 25, 2020 at 10:23 am
Over 100 pilot studies involving the aquaculture of low trophic species have been undertaken in the first year of AquaVitae, a major EU-funded project.
- Vietnam on alert for decapod iridescent viruson May 25, 2020 at 9:30 am
Vietnam's agriculture ministry has urged authorities in the country’s provinces bordering China to take preventative measures against the spread of decapod iridescent virus 1, in order to protect the …