- Vietnam targets 65 percent growth in marine aquaculture industryon October 21, 2019 at 2:45 pm
Vietnamese officials have announced plans to substantially increase the size of its marine aquaculture sector.
- Sonessen lands research director's roleon October 21, 2019 at 11:16 am
Anna Sonesson has been appointed as the new research director at Nofima’s breeding and genetics division.
- Aldi Australia joins transparent seafood sourcing schemeon October 21, 2019 at 9:02 am
Aldi has become the first Australian retailer to participate in the Ocean Disclosure Project, having today published its seafood sourcing disclosure profile.
- SalMar sets sights on open ocean farmingon October 21, 2019 at 7:40 am
SalMar has announced that Gustav Witzøe has taken over from Olav Andreas Ervik as CEO of the company today.
- Can probiotics make shrimp farming more environmentally friendly?on October 19, 2019 at 7:30 am
A new study demonstrates that using probiotics when producing white shrimp larvae – not just in the grow-out stage – can help reduce emissions of greenhouse gasses and other pollutants.
- Study finds widespread seafood fraud in Canadian citieson October 18, 2019 at 8:50 am
DNA analysis of seafood products showed widespread mislabelling and, in some cases, the mislabelled products are species that are not authorised for sale within Canada.
- New website launch for BAPon October 18, 2019 at 8:08 am
The Global Aquaculture Alliance (GAA) has launched a redesigned Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP) website as part of a rebranding campaign.
- The desert in bloom: pioneering algae production system poised for commercial take-offon October 17, 2019 at 6:00 am
Algae producer SuSeWi is embarking on a visionary project that aims to create “the largest algae farm on earth” – in order to produce a valuable source of protein and long-chain omega-3s for the aquaf…
- Rabobank: why the tide is turning in favour of RAS productionon October 17, 2019 at 6:00 am
The increased adoption of recirculating aquaculture systems (RAS) “will disrupt aquaculture trade flows, the supply chain and the marketing of salmon within the next decade”.
- EU authorises Me-Pro for use in aquafeedson October 17, 2019 at 5:30 am
A recently developed high protein product, Prairie AquaTech’s Me-Pro, is now authorised to be sold as an ingredient for aquafeeds in Europe.