- Can barramundi become "the salmon of the tropics"?on January 22, 2020 at 12:59 pm
One of the world’s largest fully integrated barramundi farming enterprises has been achieved by the merger of Barramundi Asia and Allegro Aqua, which was announced today.
- Scottish aquaculture sector looks to land new talenton January 22, 2020 at 4:00 am
A new employment campaign has been launched today to encourage young people in Scotland to take up careers in the aquaculture sector.
- Odisha seeks major carp cage culture increaseon January 21, 2020 at 2:19 pm
Plans to kick-start the intensive cage culture of carp are currently being considered by the Indian state of Odisha.
- Ambitious aquaponics project aims to boost Rwandan food securityon January 21, 2020 at 1:19 pm
A ground-breaking aquaponics research project has been launched to help Rwandan farmers to improve their livelihoods and levels of nutrition.
- Tank colour shown to impact performance of Asian seabasson January 21, 2020 at 9:48 am
The colour of a fish tank’s walls has been shown to have a marked impact on the performance of Asian seabass (Lates calcarifer).
- WWF praises Global Salmon Initiativeon January 21, 2020 at 9:03 am
A new report by WWF cites the Global Salmon Initiative as a glowing example of how a sector can improve its sustainability and profitability if companies instigate pre-competitive collaboration in key…
- Escape calls high energy salmon sites into questionon January 20, 2020 at 5:14 pm
Mowi Scotland has confirmed that 73,600 salmon averaging 1.9 kilograms escaped from their site off the island of Colonsay after a pen was damaged by storm Brendan.
- Nutreco invests in "cellular aquaculture" start-upon January 20, 2020 at 10:38 am
Nutreco has announced plans to form a strategic partnership with San Diego cell-based seafood start-up BlueNalu.
- France to host Europe's largest salmon farmon January 20, 2020 at 9:53 am
Pure Salmon, the land-based salmon farming specialist, has announced plans for a new 10,000 tonne recirculating aquaculture system (RAS) facility to be built in Boulogne-Sur-Mer.
- Umitron wins feed system contract with world’s largest fishery firmon January 20, 2020 at 9:04 am
Maruha Nichiro Corporation, the world's largest fishery firm, has invested in Umitron’s latest smart feeding device, the Cell2, in its rainbow trout farming operations in Japan.