- Plans for 25,000 tonne cod farm revealedon November 21, 2019 at 11:11 am
Plans to build the world’s only industrial scale cod farm, in Norway, have been announced today.
- Salmon waste-to-biogas facility wins environmental awardon November 21, 2019 at 9:24 am
A facility that converts dead salmon into biogas has helped the Outer Hebrides Local Energy Hub (OHLEH) win this year’s Scottish Environment Business VIBES award.
- A cool deal for Broodstockon November 21, 2019 at 8:15 am
Seafood investor Broodstock Capital has acquired 80 percent of the shares in Therma Industri – Norway’s leading supplier of refrigerant and energy systems for the aquaculture industry.
- Iceland launches second phase of ambitious salmon restocking schemeon November 20, 2019 at 4:12 pm
A programme to seed up to a million salmon egg in rivers in north east Iceland has been launched this autumn.
- Helping mussel farmers reach critical masson November 20, 2019 at 12:41 pm
A new project, the conclusions of which were published today, suggest a number of ways for the Scottish shellfish aquaculture industry to evolve.
- Cermaq raises traceability bar with blockchainon November 20, 2019 at 10:00 am
Cermaq, Labeyrie, and IBM Food Trust have teamed up on a blockchain technology project that will allow consumers to find out great detail about every salmon farmed by the international firm.
- Diving deep into restorative aquacultureon November 20, 2019 at 9:18 am
How tech is transforming our understanding of the ecological benefits delivered by New England’s renowned shellfish farming sector
- A Visionary addition to the aquaculture sectoron November 19, 2019 at 2:00 pm
After over 15 years of developing electronic data capture software for animal health studies in some of the most prestigious companion animal and livestock research institutes in the world, Prelude Dy…
- Mowi casts doubts on Irish salmon farming sectoron November 19, 2019 at 8:22 am
Mowi has suggested that it will revoke plans to invest €22 million in the Irish salmon farming sector, due to their frustrations with the country’s licensing system.
- ISA detected at Cermaq Chile siteon November 19, 2019 at 7:59 am
Infectious salmon anaemia (ISA) has been discovered at one of Cermaq’s salmon sites in the far south of Chile.