- Sylpro tops environmental assessment studyon February 27, 2020 at 8:05 am
A form of protein that is produced from microorganisms that live off waste wood has been shown to be a more sustainable ingredient in aquafeeds than fishmeal or soy protein concentrate (SPC).
- Atlantic Sapphire set for $5 million grant pay-outon February 26, 2020 at 4:30 pm
Land-based salmon producer Atlantic Sapphire is set to receive $5 million in grant funding over the course of the next 10 years.
- A monkeyfaced solution to sustainable aquacultureon February 26, 2020 at 12:16 pm
A bizarrely named fish species native to the Pacific coast of North America could hold the key to the sustainable development of aquaculture.
- Fishing sector offered chance to move into seaweed, shellfish cultureon February 26, 2020 at 9:27 am
Applications for a business development programme designed to help commercial fishermen diversify in to the aquaculture sector are now open.
- BioMar fined for SuperSmolt infringementson February 26, 2020 at 8:36 am
BioMar faces a total bill in excess of 23 million kroner (£1.89 million) after a court ruled that it must compensate STIM for patent infringement and breaching the business code of conduct in a case i…
- What US import refusals can tell us about global shrimp aquacultureon February 26, 2020 at 8:22 am
The reasons why shrimp are denied access to the US market raises serious questions about both food safety and food waste.
- Kingfish rebrand shows global ambitionson February 25, 2020 at 2:54 pm
Kingfish Zeeland, a global leader in the production of yellowtail kingfish, has rebranded as The Kingfish Company, reflecting the company's expanding operations in the EU and US.
- Tilapia lake virus resistance breakthrough announcedon February 25, 2020 at 11:30 am
Certain tilapia families have been shown to be completely resistant to tilapia lake virus (TiLV), offering hope that breeding programmes can combat one of the worst diseases to hit the global fish far…
- Aquafeed conference falls victim to coronavirus concernson February 25, 2020 at 9:44 am
Organizers of Aquafeed Horizons 2020 conference, which was due to take place on March 24, in Bangkok, have cancelled the meeting due to concerns over coronavirus.
- US firm plans land-based coho roll-outon February 24, 2020 at 3:49 pm
A land-based coho salmon farming venture in New York state has plans to roll out production across 10 sites in the US.