- First spawn of the season for eastern oyster hatcheryon March 31, 2020 at 7:27 am
Hoopers Island Oyster Co, in Maryland, has reported the completion of its first seed spawn of the season, and expect to soon have seed for sale to fellow oyster farmers along the Atlantic seaboard.
- Fully-funded aquaculture scholarships up for grabson March 30, 2020 at 8:22 am
Five fully funded places on an MSc in sustainable aquaculture are currently being offered by The Fish Site and University of St Andrews.
- Gill health research project launchedon March 30, 2020 at 8:09 am
Researchers in Scotland are embarking on a project that aims to enhance the global aquaculture sector’s understanding and treatment of gill disease.
- China encourages stockpiling for aquaculture sectoron March 28, 2020 at 12:30 am
The Chinese government has encouraged local authorities to temporarily stockpile aquaculture and poultry products in a bid to support the farming sectors after the unprecedented coronavirus outbreak h…
- Seychelles adopts groundbreaking marine protection programmeon March 28, 2020 at 12:30 am
The Seychelles has announced plans to designate 13 marine protection areas, which combined cover an area of ocean larger than Germany.
- Should sea lice treatments be given a longer withdrawal period?on March 27, 2020 at 3:00 pm
The levels of anti-sea lice medication residues in Norwegian farmed salmon and trout may be below the EU’s maximum residue limit (MRL), but a longer withdrawal period for emamectin should be considere…
- US to set aside $300 million aquaculture and fisheries aid packageon March 27, 2020 at 11:00 am
The US Senate has set aside $300 million of its $2.2 trillion coronavirus stimulus bill for fisheries and aquaculture operators who are not otherwise covered by agricultural disaster assistance progra…
- AquaChile sets up lab for Coronavirus testingon March 27, 2020 at 9:32 am
Chile’s largest salmon producer, AquaChile, has set aside its Alab molecular biology laboratory for coronavirus testing.
- Pure Salmon lands second sustainability certificationon March 27, 2020 at 12:30 am
Pure Salmon has received Ocean Wise certification for its land-based facility in Poland.
- Novel salmon farm system launched in Chinaon March 26, 2020 at 2:00 pm
Havfarm 1, a structure that has the capacity to hold 10,000 tonnes of salmon, has recently been launched at Yantai shipyard in China.